Only Wednesday?! 🤷🏼♀️ Go to @brewhouse_and_kitchen, have a nice cold pint and wait for this week to blow over 🍻
The jolly lovely team have taken over the spot next to Hoxton Station and are serving up allll the vegan options with incredible, paired vegan beers for each dish🍺 🌱 .
I tucked into the:
– Korean BBQ breaded tofu with Asian slaw & crushed peanuts 🥜 This was delicious 😋 Soft and silky with just the right amount of breadcrumbs, it wasn’t oily and the sauce was divine 😍
– Cauliflower wings with both sticky BBQ & hot buffalo sauces 🔥 These were perfectly coated and light with a nice bite. The chipotle cream was ok and the hot sauce tasty but the sweet BBQ sauce stood out 😍
– Falafel, sweet pepper & blackeyed bean fritters with chipotle crema 🥙 The patty was well cooked; firm but soft once you bite into it and the Mexican spiced onion, tomato & sweetcorn with a dash of chipotle on top made it tasty!
– Sri Lankan vegetable curry with spiced cauliflower & squash, coconut & coriander rice and fresh coriander & lime 🍛 This had a nutty, Indian Korma-like taste. It packed a mild heat and the flavours were nice but we wondered if some coconut cream might enhance the dish
🥥 – Soft shell tacos with panko breaded tofu, chipotle crema, sweetcorn salsa, radish & spring onion 🌮 Fresh ingredients and nice contrasting textures but it needed a little heat, maybe a spicy salsa or even some of that BBQ sauce 🔥
– The burger with a falafel, sweet pepper & blackeyed bean fritter, chipotle crema, sweet beetroot, lettuce, tomatoes, sweet pink onions, relish & dill pickle 🍔 Sadly, this wasn’t my cup of tea but I’ve never been a big beetroot burger fan so I’m bias. It was a bit too earthy for my tastebuds 😞
🌾GF Options? Yes
🌱100% Vegan? No
🏠Eatery: Casual restaurant / pub
📸 Me & Chris
📦Leftovers: Nope, ate the lot!